CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Web form and searcher

I have a web for for students to log in; there is one text area for student name, one for student ID, and another for ClassID.
    I am thinking if there exists a web tool to enter a list of ~ 100000 students and their identities, into a webform to log them into the system before correcting their data. I don't want to sit and type each of them one by one into the web form, as I am afraid my employer might be thinking I am irresponsible and always away from job by prolonging the duration to finish this simple task he assigned me days ago .

All the students'identities are store in the database, already . Problem is not only about the large number of enrolled students, but the fact that I'll take some days off in the next few weeks and my colleagues may do something incorrectly and that'll be lethal. Therefore, I would expect some software, methods, or any means to generate the student and class IDs automatically and correctly against the database. or it will continue search until it finds a match. Simple, right ?
    The student id always begins with "STU" and a series of 7 numbers (10 in total), e.g STU1234567
    The class Id starts with "CL" plus 7 digits and one alphabet , e.g CL1234567M

Thank you

Re: Web form and searcher

I'm sorry, but what exactly is your question? You basically just told us a lot without explaining anything.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.