CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

C# Express Deploying Application

Hello All,

I have created an application using Visual C# Express that talks to a Visual C++ Express DLL file that I created. The application runs just fine on two computers, one running windows 7 and one running windows xp sp3. Both computers have visual c# and visual c++ express editions 10.0 installed.

The problem is when I try to run the application in a computer that doesn't have visual c# or visual c++ installed. The application form comes up but when I try to run it it doesn't find the DLL file. I have installed .NET 4.0 on the pc I'm trying to run it already.

What I did was just copy the files from the bin/release folder of C# and moved them to the PC I wanted the application to run at. I also tried to copy the DLL file to the release folder with no luck. It doesn't find the DLL file.

I hope someone can give me advice on this.
    Thanks.

Re: C# Express Deploying Application

Re: C# Express Deploying Application

I'm still having problems with this DLL exception.
    The C# app runs in any computer that has Visual C++ Express 2010 installed, but as soon as Visual C++ Express 2010 is un-installed the C# App doesn't run and says it can't find the DLL, which is still in the same location.

I have the DLL in the release folder of the C# App and have tried to move it around into other folders, It's kinda weird that it only "sees" the DLL only when C++ is installed.