CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

VS2010 Forms appearance

Hello all,

I created a forms application and it looks great on my computer. The only problem is that I keep my appearance settings to the lowest possible(Classic Mode and very few visual effects). So when I built my application I built it to be visually pleasing with these settings. When I used it on another computer that has modern appearance settings it looked terrible.

All of the controls are in the correct spot and have the right size, but the controls have different borders and it is not visually pleasing at all.

Is there a way to force my window to open with certain appearance settings? I could not find anything in VS2010 but maybe a windows API?

Thanks for the help!

Re: VS2010 Forms appearance

Only thing you can do is make sure you DON'T have a manifest in which case you have the "windows classic" look (sort of, some stuff will still get skinned).

But that also prevents you from having the features of the V6 common controls.

Re: VS2010 Forms appearance

Quote Originally Posted by Austin.Soucy View Post
    Hello all,

I created a forms application and it looks great on my computer. The only problem is that I keep my appearance settings to the lowest possible(Classic Mode and very few visual effects). So when I built my application I built it to be visually pleasing with these settings. When I used it on another computer that has modern appearance settings it looked terrible.

All of the controls are in the correct spot and have the right size, but the controls have different borders and it is not visually pleasing at all.

Is there a way to force my window to open with certain appearance settings? I could not find anything in VS2010 but maybe a windows API?

Thanks for the help!
    in Qt there things called layouts that make sure the the widgets are aligned as intended. Never looked into doing this another way.