Hello,

First I appreciate your replies to my first post, they were very helpful. I am having an issues now with an edit control that is a child of the parent window.

hSGroups = CreateWindowEx(0, TEXT("EDIT"), NULL, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_HSCROLL | WS_VSCROLL | WS_BORDER | ES_LEFT, rc.left+200+120, 20, 500, 250, hWnd, (HMENU)SGroups_Identifyer , hInst, NULL);

When I click in the edit field of the control I get a message in my WndProc in the command field. When I click on the edit controls vertical scroll bar....... I get no messages. I have read that the edit control processes its own messages for scrolling. I have also read that a messages is supposed to happen though the command field after I click the vert scroll button.

I also notice that when ES_MULTILINE is specified, pressing the scroll bar (once active / entered text has gone past edit window limit), the message generated is the correct message and it is sent to the WndProc and can be caught by the command field.

I want a one line edit window with vert scroll message that can be caught by my main window / WndProc without the ES_MULTILINE specified. Any help is appreciated.