CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Exclamation [REQUEST] TabControl Sample Code (Visual C++, Win32, Win32 Project) with Tutorial on

Title says it all. After all my searching I have not been able to find a decent tutorial or sample code that will teach me how to implement and customize a TabControl function in a Visual C++, Win32, Win32 Project environment. A link or download link to this would greatly be appreciated. Please and thank you.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: [REQUEST] TabControl Sample Code (Visual C++, Win32, Win32 Project) with Tutorial

Didn't you search MSDN?
    Have a look at Using Tab Controls (Win32)
    Using CTabCtrl (MFC)
    Using Property Sheets in Your Application (MFC)
    Victor Nijegorodov

Exclamation Re: [REQUEST] TabControl Sample Code (Visual C++, Win32, Win32 Project) with Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    Didn't you search MSDN?
    Have a look at Using Tab Controls (Win32)
    Using CTabCtrl (MFC)
    Using Property Sheets in Your Application (MFC)
    I did see your first link already (I don't use MFC so I didn't bother checking the other 2). MSDN doesn't give any tutorials on how to customize of even where to place their sample codes. Win32 Projects have header, rc, and cpp files. It doesn't say where to put their code, but either way if I don't know how to customize it then it doesn't matter because it will be of no use to me.

Re: [REQUEST] TabControl Sample Code (Visual C++, Win32, Win32 Project) with Tutorial

1. Define "customize".
    2. Did you ever work with a Win32 dialog application having some other (non-tab) controls?
    Victor Nijegorodov

When I say customize, I mean that if you can link me to a sample code then all I would need to do is paste them into my code and edit values here and there. And yes, I have worked with a few Win32 apps before, but never needed to add a TabControl.

Quote Originally Posted by nebulakd View Post
    When I say customize, I mean that if you can link me to a sample code then all I would need to do is paste them into my code and edit values here and there...
    No, sorry! It's your job to adapt the Microsoft sample code to your needs.
    Well, you could make your life much easier if you used MFC.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Well would you mind linking me to a tutorial on how to do this?

I basically just need a simple Sample Source code that has a TabControl in a DialogBox, a few tab pages, and stuff in each tab (doesn't matter how much stuff). Then I can read over the code and figure out how it works. The example also needs to be a Visual C++, Win32, Project, not just a single C++ file. It needs to have a header, rc (Resource), and cpp (Source).

Sorry, it's all up to you to add what you mean to be missed in this sample!
    Victor Nijegorodov

Quote Originally Posted by zapper222 View Post
    It is MFC while OP needs plain Win32 code sample.
    Victor Nijegorodov