CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: I need help!

I need help!

Is it possible to take certain text from a web page and paste it into a Rich Text Box in Visual Basic? I'm going to use this http://google.com/complete/search?output=toolbar&q=mlb to generate a bunch of keywords and I want to highlight just the keyword paste it into the Rich Text Box. How can I do this? Also a better way to describe this is almost scraping the keywords through all that code and putting them into the richtextbox. THANKS!

Re: I need help!

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm making a Keyword Generating program where the user enters in a keyword and it spits out some relating ones. I have everything working up to this part. Thanks.

Don't DOUBLE-POST. Pick the version of VB you're using. VB6 is the other forum.
    You'd have to read the XML file, and parse it yourself, unless you wanted to just copy the XML, which would work.

Still have to scrape the webpage yourself, but it shouldn't be that hard, as they allow it
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

I've got an FAQ posted on this in the VB 6 forum. It's a pretty long topic so I don't want to type it all up again but if you goto the FAQ or search for posts by me you'll find it.