CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Sending PHP variables to a Flash player

Hello to all, and thank you for clicking on this post and taking interest in my dilemma.

I am currently working with a script (dirLIST - PHP Directory Lister Version 0.3.0) that allows me to view the contents of folders and files within certain directories sort of like an FTP client would. Now this script uses a foreach loop to list all of the files in the directory and creates a variable that contains the link to each file in the directory. Once you click on the link, it will take you to the that exact file (ex: www/stuff/the_actual_image.jpg).

Now I want to use that variable and export it to a flash music player. This flash player uses an XML to get the paths of the files and I want to make it so that the PHP variable gets sent to this XML file so when I load up the flash player, it will only play this one song.

Does anyone know how this could be done or if there is another way? Thank you all for your time and I am sorry I have not be clear enough.

Re: Sending PHP variables to a Flash player

Since it reads from an XML file, why don't you just output an XML file with the path information?
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

So I should use PHP to create an XML file every time I want to play a new file? Essentially what is going to happen is that the user will click on a link the music player will change and the song will start playing. Do you think this will still work fine?

I don't see you having much choice since you're trying to limit the flash player to 1 audio at a time. And, you stated that it loads from XML.

Now, if you used a flash file that could accept URL variables, it would be much easier.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

I agree it would be much easier to do, but this flash player has a loop button which is a rare option on flash players.