CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Question MFC: Buttonstyles and Windows 7

Hi,

My MFC dialog app which was working ok in XP has started exhibiting some strange behaviour concerning MFC buttons.

I have a function to set the button text and style, but bizarrely, when the text is too long to fit the button and is wrapped, the button seems to 'forget' the BS_CENTER attribute and left aligns.

I should say that I'm using the "classic" style with the Themes services deactived. Even if this is avtivated, the behaviour is the same. If I go back to Windows 7 themes, then the button text centers correctly, but this isn't the look I want.

Any idea how to get the buttons to behave properly in Classic theme in Win7?

This is my code:

Code:
    void CMain::SetButtonText(CWnd* ptr, std::string button_text )
    {

int test = 0;

test = ptr->ModifyStyle(0, BS_MULTILINE   , 0);
    	test = ptr->ModifyStyle(0, BS_CENTER, 0   );
    	ptr->SetWindowText(_T(button_text.c_str()));

}
    When I debug step by step, ModifyStyle returns TRUE, and the std::string is correct (no white spaces).

Also, when I comment out the style setting and use the VS button properties, the result is the same.

Any ideas? Or is this a limitation of Windows 7? (I'm beginning to think it is).

Thanks.

Re: MFC: Buttonstyles and Windows 7

AFAIK, in classic theme, BS_CENTER is ignored if BS_MULTILINE is set, regardless the Windows version.
    Ovidiu
    "When in Rome, do as Romans do."
    My latest articles: https://codexpertro.wordpress.com/

Re: MFC: Buttonstyles and Windows 7

In XP with classic theme, it works as expected. ie. button text centered when BS_CENTER and BS_MULTILINE is set.