February 22nd, 2011, 06:39 PM
WTD: .Net/C# Developer - Remote Position
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia with our team in Nova Scotia, Canada and Phoenix, USA we now want to expand development.
We are a SaaS developer of CRM and Project Management software tools to other small businesses, with 300+ customers in 22 countries.
Our platform is 100% web based and are customers are typically English speaking and in the marketing, design, consulting, legal and web development industries.
We are looking for a full time, permanent, C#/.net /SQL developer to work with our lead developer in building improvements/new features to our platform (40%) assisting with customer support (20%) and solving bugs (40%).
<b>We are considering all levels of experience </b>
These are the critical skills:
- C# / .Net. Everything we do is web based, .net/C# applications. You will need to demonstrate significant experience developing business and consumer based web sites with these technologies. We don't use any PHP coding - we are 100% Microsoft based.
- We're looking for candidates that can actually write clean and efficient code and not just cut-paste-hack-together code until it works.
- Application integration. We have a big task ahead building integration and migration tools for Google Apps, 37Signals, Salesforce, ApsStandard.org, MS Outlook, OFX accounting standards etc. Please detail any experience with 3rd Party API's.
- XML/CSS. We rely heavily on XML/CSS/AJAX/JQuery for our user interfacr and experience. You would need to demonstrate skills with these.
- Expert user interface and user experience skills. Everything we do is aimed at helping the user, do their work faster and with less stress. We don't expect you to design (!) but you must have attention to detail and understand how web applications can be made easier to use.
- Most of our customers are English speaking, as is our team. Expert written English and clear communication essential (we mostly use Skype for Chat and occasional web conference)
- Although not essential, we will be looking to develop both an iPhone and Android application in 2011. Experience in mobile apps would be beneficial.
- Work from your own home hoffice
- Please provide detailed references as we check these. Also - a current Linkdin Profile is requested (and other profiles you may have on coding sites/communities and freelance sites)
- Work hours are fairly flexible, although we do require a 3 to 4 hour, daily cross over with our Canadian developer and 9hrs per day recorded activity.
- Personality is really important to us. We need people that are truly passionate about coding and don't think of writing code as just another job. We also want people that will speak up and take the initiative to solve problems and move around work blocks.
- We also need to run a paid trial that will last for 1 week (or can be done over 2 weekends and evenings)
Tags for this Thread
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a Codeguru.com survey!