Suggestions Requested please
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums

Thread: Suggestions Requested please

Suggestions Requested please

I need to write a program to allow my boss to be able to edit/manipulate video files (mp4, avi, wmv, etc). I need to be able to do the following:
    View a video file,
    while viewing the video file, be able to set a start and end point inside that video file to be able to create a new, very small video file of just that segment
    be able to take multiple video segments and concatenate them into a new video file.

Does anyone know of an API out there that has this capability? I've heard Silverlight can do it but this is NOT web-based (Silverlight is web-based, right?).

These API's/software can be free or for purchase software, but I must be able to create my own interface to utilize the software.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated!

United States

Re: Suggestions Requested please

I recommend using a ready-made solution rather than writing your own. One free, opensource option is virtualdub

If that doesn't quit suit your needs wikipedia has a list that may interest you:

For a project of this complexity for internal use it is a much better use of your time resources to just use a solution that already works.

Hope that helps.
    Best Regards,

All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.