CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[AdoDB or AdoDC] Compile Error: Procedure declaration does not match description of e

Good day. I'm having a peculiar issue with my vb 6 applications running in windows 7 ultimate.

All this while, my vb 6 IDE had been updated to sp6. And everything was working fine (for more than 6 months) until 2 days ago after i updated to windows 7 sp1.

Now, I keep getting the above error, whenever i try to run any of my already working applications. I even changed my ado reference from 2.5 upto 2.8 & yet no show. I have also uninstalled the vb 6 & re-installed.

I have also tried editing the syntax reference after changing my reference library from ado 2.5 to 2.6 like below without success:
    Private Sub Adodc1_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum, _
    ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, _
    ByVal pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset20)
    ' display number of current record and total number of records
    lblRecord.Caption = CStr(Adodc1.Recordset.AbsolutePosition) & _
    " of " & Str(Adodc1.Recordset.RecordCount)
    End Sub

So, what do i need to do NOW since it appears the SP1 upgrade has somehow "tampered" with some settings to make my vb 6.0 sp6 start mal-functioning ?

Re: [AdoDB or AdoDC] Compile Error: Procedure declaration does not match description

Are you compiling again on the Win7 SP1 machine?
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Re: [AdoDB or AdoDC] Compile Error: Procedure declaration does not match description

Actually, I am trying to run the program within the IDE (as i normally do), so that if there are any un-detected errors or need for a programming update, I can easily sort it out.

Meanwhile, the already compiled version runs fine in the win 7 SP1 without any error messages.

This sounds like the issue being discussed in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...6-34f11c6b5a13