Hey,
I am working on a problem in which I am having a hard time starting. The problem being:

Every circle has a center and a radius. Given the radius, we can determine its position in the x-y plane. The center of the circle is a point in the x-y plane. Design a class, circleType, that can store the radius and center of the circle. Because the center is a point in the x-y plane and you designed the class to caputure the propteries of a point in programming exercise 3, you must derive the class circleType from the class pointType. You should be able to perform the usual operations on the circle, such as setting the radius, printing the radius, calculating and print the area and circumference, and carrying out the usual operations on the center. Also write a program to test various operations on a circle.

Although is references a previous exercise, we do not do this one, but class pointType should be designed to store and process a point in the x-y plane, perform operations on the point such as setting the coordinates of the point, printing the coordinates of the point, returning x coordinate and returning the y coordinate.

Sorry, I know this is a mouthful but I have difficulty in this language.

I have started the code, but OOP in C++ is still very new to me and classes are still very confusing. But here's what I have to far:

circleType.h
Code:
#include "pointType.h"

class circleType: public pointType
{

};
circleTypeImp.cpp
Code:
#include <iostream>
#include "pointType.h"
pointType.h
Code:
using namespace std;

class pointType
{
public:
       void printPoint() const;
       void setPoint();
       void getPoint();

pointType();
       pointType(double x, double y);
       ~pointType();
private:
        double xPlane, yPlane;
};
pointTypeImp.cpp
Code:
#include <iostream>
#include "pointType.h"

pointType::pointType()
{

}

pointType::pointType(double x, double y)
{
     xPlane = x;
     yPlane = y;
}

pointType::~pointType()
{

}

void pointType::printPoint() const
{

}

void pointType::setPoint()
{

}

void pointType::getPoint()
{

}
main.cpp
Code:
#include <iostream>
#include "pointType.h"
//#include "circleType.h"

using namespace std;

int main()
{

system("pause");
    return 0;
}

I don't want this done for me, I just need a little push to understand what I might need. I am confusing on the member functions and variables of the classes and what exactly I will need and what they should do. I never got the concept of getter and setter functions either and why I need to use them. If anyone can offer a little guidance to make things a little more clear, I would appreciate it. I know this is very incomplete, I am having a coding block and it's frustrating!