CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Technical Help - Null - Reg.

Dear Friends,

Good Morning.

I need 2 helps from your end.

1. I have designing one VB application with SQL Server Backend (10 Tables). This package will be used all over my country.

So I have purchased one hosting space with a SQL Database and connected pacca.

I am going to load my package in 20 – 50 dedicated Laptops (with Datacard for Internet) and handover it to Field Officers.

They will go to client place and collect their informations and enter into my package.

But now I am facing a new issue. That is some time they can’t get internet connection properly due to some reason.

So I have planned Load SQL Server into all laptops and put a options – On-Line & Off-Line. If internet connection available, they can enter on-line. If not, they can use Off-line.

But my query is, I have put a ID (Estate ID) is autoincrement. If they enter into off-line,it may chance to conflict. And I must provide to transfer their offline entries into on-line.

How can we transfer 10 Tables (Off-line) datas into on-line in a single shot?

What we can do for that Estate ID?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. rs2.Open "select max(id) from tbl_own", cn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
    If rs2.RecordCount = 0 Then
    id = 0
    Else
    id = rs2(0)
    End If
    id = id + 1
    txtestid.Text = id

In the above code, query returs one row, that is Null if that table doesn't contain 0 value. So I need set to that "id=0". But its not working.

And i have checked the following code also

If rs2(0)=Null then
    id=0

Its also not working.

So please i am expecting a good reply for my above 2 queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

Re: Technical Help - Null - Reg.

Assign each user a number/name and use that for the key, rather than autonumber. They are rarely useful.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Re: Technical Help - Null - Reg.

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Can you tell me the procedure to the following things.

1. How can we transfer 10 Tables (Off-line) datas into on-line in a single shot?

2. rs2.Open "select max(id) from tbl_own", cn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
    If rs2.RecordCount = 0 Then
    id = 0
    Else
    id = rs2(0)
    End If
    id = id + 1
    txtestid.Text = id

In the above code, query returs one row, that is Null if that table doesn't contain 0 value. So I need set to that "id=0". But its not working.

And i have checked the following code also

If rs2(0)=Null then
    id=0

Its also not working.

Thanks & Regards,

Guna