CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Accessing the PHP Session ID using only Java?

Hey CodeGurus,

Ive been wondering if this is possible for a while and have tried various things to no avail.

Has anyone achieved this before? That is, without writing any extra PHP code to return the ID.

So far ive looked into creating a separate Applet, and have experimented with the JDK 6 Scripting Framework (but that seems to just be able to access methods defined on scripts, not just anything)

Basically i dont want to touch anything on the server-side, i just want my client app to be capable of detecting the current session ID.

Any idea on a good direction to take?

Many thanks

Trampy

Re: Accessing the PHP Session ID using only Java?

Mmm... without a php servlet returning the id, or any other middle cap (interface, file, shared db, etc.) - I don't think so. The php sessions are saved on the php server, good luck getting the php sessions out of it.

Check this one: http://php-java-bridge.sourceforge.net/pjb/
    Wanna install linux on a vacuum cleaner. Could anyone tell me which distro sucks better?

I had a nightmare last night. I was dreaming that I’m 64-bit and my blanket is 32-bit and I couldn’t cover myself with it, so I’ve spent the whole night freezing. And in the morning I find that my blanket just had fallen off the bed. =S (from: bash.org.ru)

//always looking for job opportunities in AU/NZ/US/CA/Europe :P
    willCodeForFood(Arrays.asList("Java","PHP","C++","bash","Assembler","XML","XHTML","CSS","JS","PL/SQL"));

USE [code] TAGS! Read this FAQ if you are new here. If this post was helpful, please rate it!