CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy Need A Helping Hand

My sis got this for an assignment at school I have no idea what this means. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out at leas walk me through this so I can help her out. I could only go as far as understanding that an Algorithm is a set of instruction to solving problems. HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Problem Solving

Write an algorithm or pseudocode to accept the registration date, number of business courses and number of computing courses for each student registered, as well as the course names. the number of students registered with the centre will be determined by the user. for each student, the tuition will be calculated based on the course type:$550 for the business courses and $600 for the computing courses. students with tuitions exceeding $2000 will be given a 10% discount, while students with tuitions between $1000 and $2000 inclusive, will receieve a 5% discount. at the time of registration, each student will receive a bill resembling the followin.

NAME OF STUDENT: John Dean
    REGISTRATION DATE: February 15,2011
    BUSINESS COURSES: 2
    Business Administration
    Financial Accounting
    COMOUTING COURSES:1
    Database Management
    TOTAL TUITION: $1700
    DISCOUNT APPLIED: $85.00
    AMOUNT DUE: $1615.00

2. Select five students and desgin a trace table showing the name, number of business courses, number of computing courses, tuition, discount and amount due for each student. the data selected should vary to include all tuition levels.

PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION:
    3. Write a pascal program for the pseudocode solution developed in question 1 above.

Re: Need A Helping Hand

Well, what have you tried so far?
    Best Regards,

BioPhysEngr
    http://blog.biophysengr.net
    --
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.