CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Microsoft has lost the plot

Here is an example of how two appication we use frequently, have been stuffed by Microsoft.

Internet Explorer Favourites (Using the Internet Explorer which comes with W7)

I often do research on a subject and save the links I found in my favourites.
    The process is the first time only, to find or create a folder in your favourites and save the link there. Subsequent searches and saves to Favourites previously would have the last folder used in favourites open - ready to save the the link found.

New innovation by Microsoft - always force the user to go hunting for his folder to save the link - - frustrate the user as much as you can -- laugh at users frustration

This feature obviously introduced by a wet behind the ears university Type who never uses Favourites
    Score 0 out of 10

Outlook 2010

Deleting Emails

I previously would look at the list in my inbox, highlight lines I wanted to delete then click on Delete (this worked up to 2007)
    Now, with Outlook 2010 when you delete the line in the inbox the whole page reverts back to the FILE Tab (Delete Cross not visible)
    You then need to go back to the HOME tab to find the delete cross again.

Another case of "How can we frustrate users"

PLEASE DONT SUGGEST I DO GYMNASTICS AND START MODIFYING TABS ETC - THESE ARE BASIC FUNCTIONS WHICH FLY OVER THE SIMPLE MINDS OF MICROSOFT DEVELOPERS (AND MYSELF) WHO HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS IN THE REAL WORLD

I CANT IMAGINE BILL GATES FINS ALL THIS ACCEPTABLE - HE PROBABLY KEEPS USING THE 2003 VERSION OF OFFICE WHICH WORKS RATHER WELL IN THESE DEPARTMENTS

Where can I find the idiot who signed off on these major backward steps (is he in the loo smoking gunja ?)

Re: Microsoft has lost the plot

Is there a Microsoft's Regional Director in Australia ? I bet you are if there is. BillG finds all this acceptable because his main job is not to read and correct what you report, or even when he does, things he finally reads and makes his own mind on are already different from what they are now .

Where can I find the idiot who signed off on these major backward steps
    Not at ubuntu.com.

Quote Originally Posted by George1111 View Post
    Here is an example of how two appication we use frequently, have been stuffed by Microsoft.

Internet Explorer Favourites (Using the Internet Explorer which comes with W7)

I often do research on a subject and save the links I found in my favourites.
    The process is the first time only, to find or create a folder in your favourites and save the link there. Subsequent searches and saves to Favourites previously would have the last folder used in favourites open - ready to save the the link found.

New innovation by Microsoft - always force the user to go hunting for his folder to save the link...
    Same predicament here, just noticed it yesterday. About Outlook, I mostly use Thundebird so no problem here. =)

I still use Outlook 2003. The rest of Office is 2007 though