CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

[RESOLVED] Taskbar icon for second form.

Hello. I'm sure this is a silly problem, and one that is easily sorted out. But I can't for the life of me work out how to set a taskbar icon for my second form.

I have a project that uses multiple forms and the default icon looks horrible. I've changed it for the main form, but see no way of doing it for the others.

Can you help?

Cheers.

**Visual Studio 2010 .NET4**

Re: Taskbar icon for second form.

Hello Bagshot. My experience with silly problems lead me to believe that no problem is silly Sometimes I'd sit and battle with a so called silly problem for days!!

OK, not sure what you mean with your question.

If you mean that you want to change your Form's Icon property, just set the Icon property in the properties window. If you mean a Notify Icon ( an icon next to the clock ) then you'll need to make use of the NotifyIcon tool in your toolbox.

Getting back to my initial thought - the form's icon, maybe you'll need to set the Show in Taskbar property to true as well.

If any of these don't fix your problem, could you perhaps explain a bit further?

Thumbs up Re: Taskbar icon for second form.

Well, first of all thanks for the reply. But all of a sudden, my icon is now showing up. Not sure what happened, but it is now working fine. I feel a bit silly for posting now and maybe I should have just waited a bit more, but this was driving me crazy all evening.

Anyway, soz, and thanks again.

Re: Taskbar icon for second form.

It happens

Please mark your thread resolved.