April 7th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Snr Application Support Engineer. Java, London, EU-eligible applicants ONLY - £35-42k
Senior Software Support Engineer, Senior Product Support Engineer or Senior Application Support Engineer, Java and / or C++, or .NET Script languages, Central London, UK, £35-42,000 (EU-eligible applicants ONLY!)
Benefits include 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, dental insurance and pension (7.5% company contribution).
Our client a multi-national and highly respected technology solutions company seeks a Senior Software Support Engineer, Senior Product Support Engineer or Senior Application Support Engineer. The successful individual will possess experience troubleshooting customer reported problems, supporting Java / OO applications and providing phone / email consultation to debug customer problems of increasing levels of complexity. THIS IS NOT A DEVELOPMENT ROLE.
Your role will involve: Software Support, Product Support or Application Support, supporting predominately Java based applications, Support may also cover applications written in C++, .NET, solving technically complex problems by analysing, troubleshooting, writing basic scripts in Java, C++ or .NET (dependent on experience), simulating and debugging product related problems and becoming a product expert, investigating and providing workarounds.
Essential is the following:
- Software Support, Product Support or Application Support experience
- Trouble shooting and problem solving experience.
- Must be literate in Java preferably, but C++ and .NET script languages will also be considered.
- Willingness to work in a product support / application support role.
- Experience fault-finding and debugging.
- Windows and / or Unix operating system experience.
- Understanding of Networking (i.e. TCP/IP, Ip Networks).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Nice to have (but not essential) is any from:
- XML, XPATH, SOAP or HTTP
- Practical experience with Oracle or SQL Server.
Company Info & Job Spec can be provided on receipt of CV.
For this vacancy and many others please see our website at www.xist4.com
Please email Word CV's to email@example.com, quoting ref: FOR/10219
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width