CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Inversion of control and AOP frameworks

Hello community, I haven't posted in a long time..

A question that is milling over in my mind is what is the best most flexible inversion of control framework? Two that jump to the top of the list for me are Spring.NET and Enterprise Library.

I know spring.net pretty well and it seems that some intellisense support for vs2010 is in the pipeline. Enterprise library has a nice gui for setting up logging and exception handling (spring does this in xml config files)..

I am interested in most aspects of AOP to cope with cross-cutting concerns. I worked on a project recently that leveraged this capability from spring to great affect.

I have joined a project midway (as technical architect) which makes use of enterprise library. To be honest, I am having some problems with it. It seems that the config files cannot use virtual paths which causes problems when moving onto a production server.

Spring is what I'm most familiar with and my current thinking is to remove enterprise library in favour of this unless there is a reason why enterprise library is better (other than it is backed by microsoft).

I'd love to hear some opinions

Best Regards,
    Mike
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rich Cook

0100 1101 0110 1001 0110 0011 0110 1000 0110 0001 0110 0101 0110 1100 0010 0000 0100 0101 0110 1100 0110 1100 0110 0101 0111 0010

Re: Inversion of control and AOP frameworks

I have no personall experience yet, but what I read according to documentation of EL you should be able to combine EL with Spring.NET, because the IOC container should be replacable (in latest EL 5.0).
    • Make it run.
    • Make it right.
    • Make it fast.

Don't hesitate to rate my post.