CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Register Control Panel Item in Windows 7.

Hi All!

I have made an application that I wish to be shown in Control Panel in Windows 7. The application is just an exe file. I have used Inno Setup to create the installer of my application. In the past,I have already achieved displaying a certain application in Control Panel but since my target OS is Windows 7, I can't make it to work. I have already read and followed this site http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx and again it doesn't work. Can you help me or point me to the right direction to show my application in Control Panel in Windows 7? I would appreciate any help.

Re: Register Control Panel Item in Windows 7.

The article you mentioned already is a help and pointing to right direction. I can suppose your read and following was incomplete, so it would be good to see the real registration code you do for your app.

In fact all you need is to verify all the registry entries mentioned in the article are in place and correctly filled after installation.
    Best regards,
    Igor

Re: Register Control Panel Item in Windows 7.

So stupid of me. I didn't notice that I was working on 64 bit Win 7. I had it working now. Thanks anyways!