How can I create this functionality....
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: How can I create this functionality....

How can I create this functionality....

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if there's a way to grab a link using flash or some other program language.

I have a database full of links that I scrapped from a website. These links redirect to another url ( example.com/redirect.php?=12313 will redirect to anothersite.com ) which I want to grab using flash or with something else??? The issue right now is that you can only access the redirect page a few times ( the redirect url example.com/redirect.php?=xxxx ) before you reach your limit for that day. The redirect page is monitoring your ip address and only allows you to access it a certain number of times a day.

I want to create something using flash or some other programing language that I can place on my website that will use user ips to grab the end urls after the page redirects.

I want to use flash to resolve links using user ips. Once the url is resolved then it will update with the correct link on my website.

So for instance, on my web page the un resolved links would show up as flash buttons or something??? Once the user click the button it will visit the redirect url and grab the end url and replace the flash button with the end url. I want to do something along those lines. I have a database full of "un resolved redirect links" and i need to create some type of functionality that resolves links using users ips. That way I can have thousands of users clicking links which will resolve links more quickly. Right now I can only resolve about 20 a day which is nothing when you have a database of over one million links.

I am willing to pay someone who can create something that will work.

Please let me know if this is possible and/or if you have any other suggestions or recommendations.
    Thanks!!

PeejAvery is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: How can I create this functionality....

Without using a proxy service, you would maximize your server connections. ActionScript would not be the best scripting language to use anyway. Your better choices would be PHP, PERL, or Python. They're strong string parsing languages...and primarily server based.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

I think he wanted the clients to do the lookup, and send the info to the server. In which case server side scripts is really not that great. My suggestion would be to create a java applet, or use javascript, and make it do it's work when the site loads, so that the users doesn't even notice it.

I think it could work, but I'm not gonna bother finding out for sure.
    Last edited by SBeier; May 1st, 2011 at 05:55 PM.

full of links that I scrapped from a website
    Scrapped content is like theft and against the AUP here...
    page is monitoring your ip address and only allows you to access it a certain number of times a day
    This is done precisely to prevent people like you from Scrapping it all
    Once the user click the button it will visit the redirect url and grab the end url and replace the flash button with the end url.
    So unsuspecting users do all the dirty work for you ....

I wont touch this at all...
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.