CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Body mass calculator

I am in C# Beginners class, I need help with BMI calculator, I am using Visual Basic 2015
    Hi,

I need help with following

1.Coding of Calculate button:

•Convert the txtHeight and txtWeight TextBox contents using C# Convert object to a suitable data type that support whole number only.

•Declare a new variable that is a suitable data type that can contain a decimal value that isn’t too large because it will contain a value that is has two whole number positions and a few decimal positions such as 1.829. It will store a person’s Height mathematically converted to meters using C#’s arithmetic operators.

1.Variable name should be xxxMeters. You must choose the proper data type and replace xxx with the correct Hungarian notation

What data type did you pick? ____________________

What Hungarian Notation should you use? ___

2.This new variable will contain the person’s height in meters. The formula is:

Height / 39.36

•Declare a new variable that is a suitable data type that can contain a decimal value that isn’t too large because it will contain a value that is has no more than three whole number positions and a few decimal positions such as 163.636. It will store a person’s Weight mathematically converted to meters using C#’s arithmetic operators.

1.Variable name should be xxxKilograms. You must choose the proper data type and replace xxx with the correct Hungarian notation

2. This new variable will contain the person’s weight in kilograms. The formula is:

Weight / 2.2

•Declare a new variable that is a suitable data type that can contain a decimal value that isn’t too large because it will contain a value that is has no more than three whole number positions and a few decimal positions such as 36.8499. It will store the person’s Body Mass Index:

1.Variable name should be xxxBMI. You must choose the proper data type and replace xxx with the correct Hungarian notation

2. This new variable will contain the person’s BMI and the formula is:

xxxKilograms / ( xxxMeters * xxxMeters )

Can you think of another way to multiple the xxxMeters by itself?

Convert using C#’s ToString method and format the xxxBMI as a number with 2 decimal positions and put the formatted value into txtBodyMassIndex TextBox

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Body mass calculator

You are in a C# class but are using Visual Basic 2015?

Doesn't that in itself seem like a problem?

Btw, no one is going to do your homework assignment for you.

If you want help, you need to take a good try at coding up the solution, post your code here and specify what you are having trouble with.

P.S. Using Hungarian notation in C# is considered bad form. Maybe your instructor didn't get the memo?
    Last edited by Arjay; October 24th, 2015 at 04:52 PM.

Re: Body mass calculator

I am using VISUAL STUDIO 2015. and I have done more then half of this assignment, I was stuck here, anyway