CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Dynamic Dialog using from XAML in .net desktop application

Hello All,

I am trying to rewrite a huge old MFC/C++ project using C# /WPF.

In this project we support scripting language something that we developed here in C/C++

The scripting(text files) allows the user to create a dialog with basic UI elements. Internally it creates a MFC Dialog.

How can I do this using WPF and XAML ?

It is simple to load a XAML Script that creates the dialog how ever say I want to carry out some processing using the values in the dialog.

How can I achieve that.

Say for instance I have a simple WPF application that loads a script. ( This is just an example)

Job of the script is to show a simple dialog box with 2 float numbers in text boxes.

Then I have 4 radio buttons that show the operation Add / Subtract / Multiply and Divide.

And a Calculate button. When user presses the calculate button It should show the result in a message box carrying out the right operation between the numbers.

All the above should be done through only script.

And a OK button that closes the dialog, however when he closes the dialog I want to retain values from the dialog into some sort of Data Structure.

Any help in this regard is greatly Appreciated.

Thanks a bunch in Advance.

Sahshi

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Dynamic Dialog using from XAML in .net desktop application

How did you do the dynamic UI in MFC? I imagine, you parsed the script, and turned the script items into MFC controls, right?

Well, you would do the same for WPF - just parse the script and turn the script items into WPF controls.

P.S. This is exactly what a xaml file is (perhaps it might be easier to translate your script file into a xaml file and then load the xaml file?).