[RESOLVED] More Manifest Woes
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: [RESOLVED] More Manifest Woes

  1. #1
    John E is offline Elite Member Power Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    4,242

    [RESOLVED] More Manifest Woes

    This morning I downloaded the source code for an app I wanted to study. It was originally intended to be built with VC++6 so I imported the dsw workspace (into VS2005). Normally, any such projects convert successfully. It's rare for me to encounter any problems.

    In this case, everything compiles okay but I get these errors when it comes to generating the manifest:-

    1>Compiling manifest to resources...
    1>Linking...
    1>CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:MANIFEST, name:1, language:0x0409
    1>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt
    I found this explanation on MSDN. It suggests that there's a resource in my resources file with an ID '1' which conflicts with the ID of my type library, which is '1' by default. I looked in resource.h but couldn't see any resource with an ID of '1'. Nevertheless I followed the instructions for setting my typelib ID to something else. However, this hasn't helped.

    Anyone else know what could cause this problem?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved. - Charles F. Kettering

  2. #2
    John E is offline Elite Member Power Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    4,242

    Re: More Manifest Woes

    It's okay, I found it..!

    I'd looked in the app's ".rc" file and also in "resource.h" but I failed to notice another resource file with the extension ".rc2". In it, I found these lines:-

    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // Add manually edited resources here...

    #define IDR_MANIFEST 1
    #ifndef RT_MANIFEST
    #define RT_MANIFEST 24
    #endif
    IDR_MANIFEST RT_MANIFEST MOVEABLE PURE "res\\manifest.xml"

    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Removing them has solved my problem.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved. - Charles F. Kettering

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows Mobile Development Center


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

This is a CodeGuru survey question.


Featured


HTML5 Development Center