CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Open source software implemented using SOA?

Does anyone know an open source sofware which is implemented using service-oriented architecture and its source code consists of interconnected web services? I do not search programs for creating BPEL and web services, I look for open source projects with a lot of web services connected with BPEL.

I have searched for this type of programs on google/github/sourceforge/freshmeat, but I didn't find yet what I 'm looking for.

Does anyone have some suggestion?

Regards,
    Darko Androcec

Re: Open source software implemented using SOA?

It is hard to help you without knowing more about your project and what you are trying to do. Saying that you want SOA is vague and supported by most open source architectures out there. Spring has some nice projects that can help, have you checked out their site?

You must tell us about your project. Then i give you the solution of your problem

I am a junior researcher, and for my research about SOA I need one or more bigger application that is developed using service-oriented architecture (e.g. BPEL + web services in Java). I need open source, because I want to be able to change its source code. I will add some semantic information (e.g. using OWL-S) to each web service and develop an application for change management (e.g. change of existing web service, removing some service etc.) with automatic service composition after user semantically defines changes he want to make. So, I don't need a tool for creating SOA-based applications, I am looking for any type of open source application that is composed of interconnected web services, preferable using BPEL.

Hi dandrocec,

I'm exactly in the same situation as you. Have you had any luck finding such a software system?

Personally, I don't care what the application does, as long as it's SOA based. All I'm looking for is an application based on several components/modules that communicate via SOAP.

Cheers,
    Espinha

Hey guys, i am a final year student.I need to do a project using SOA architecture.Please help me out!!!!