CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

use of the radio button in jsf pages

I am developing jsf page in which i am using three radio buttons and 5 text boxes. with selection of the first radio, there should be no text boxes, and for the second radio button, there should be two text boxes to be enabled, and for the third option, there should be three text boxes enabled
    while we choose one text boxes , all the other text boxes associated with other radio buttons should be disabled

i am using the following java script code

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function toggleGroup(o, type, subtype) {
    // disable all text inputs that are descendants of the radio buttons grandparent
    var pp = o.parentNode.parentNode;
    var os = pp.getElementsByTagName(type);
    for (var i = 0; i < os.length; ++i) {
    if (os[i].type == subtype) {
    os[i].disabled = true;
    }
    }

// then enable all text inputs that have the same parent as the radio button
    var p = o.parentNode;
    var os = p.getElementsByTagName(type);
    for (var i = 0; i < os_new.length; ++i) {
    if (os[i].type == subtype) {
    os[i].disabled = false;
    }
    }
    }
    </script>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <title>Work Load Model</title> 
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="bizp_css.css"/>
    <style type="text/css">
    .cols {
    vertical-align: top;
    width: 50%;
    }
    </style>

the jsf page is the following

<h:panelGroup>

<h:selectOneRadio id="ss" style="width: 208px; height: 21px" value="" onclick="toggleGroup(this, 'input', 'text');" >	
    <f:selectItem id="item1" itemLabel="Steady State (default)" itemValue="default" />
    </h:selectOneRadio>	
    <h:outputLabel></h:outputLabel>
    </h:panelGroup>

<h:selectOneRadio id="Ramp" style="width: 208px; height: 21px" value="" onclick="toggleGroup(this, 'input', 'text');" >	
    <f:selectItem id="item2" itemLabel="Ramp-up/Ramp-down" itemValue="ramp" />

<h:panelGrid border="1" columns="2" style="height: 50px">	
    <h:outputText value="No Of Users at startup" style="font-size: 14px; font-family: Times New Roman, Arial, Sans-Serif"></h:outputText>
    <h:inputText disabled="true" style="width: 220px; height: 30px"></h:inputText>
    <h:outputText value="No of Users to be added every second" style="font-size: 14px; font-family: Times New Roman, Arial, Sans-Serif"></h:outputText>
    </h:panelGrid>
    <h:selectOneRadio id="SteppedRamp" style="width: 208px; height: 21px" value="" onclick="toggleGroup(this, 'input', 'text');" >	
    <f:selectItem id="item3" itemLabel="Stepped Ramp Up" itemValue="steppedramp" />
    <h:panelGrid border="1" columns="2" style="height: 50px">	
    <h:outputText value="No Of Users at startup" style="font-size: 14px; font-family: Times New Roman, Arial, Sans-Serif"></h:outputText>
    <h:outputText value="Duration of intermediate Steady State" style="font-size: 14px; font-family: Times New Roman, Arial, Sans-Serif"></h:outputText>
    <h:outputText value="No of Users to be added every second" style="font-size: 14px; font-family: Times New Roman, Arial, Sans-Serif"></h:outputText>
    </h:panelGrid>

Re: use of the radio button in jsf pages

Im now able to select all the radio buttons , but this selection of text boxes and specific radio buttons im not able to achieve, so kindly provide me with the code for the radio buttons and text box activation, regarding this ajax.

dlorde is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: use of the radio button in jsf pages

You do realise that Java and Javascript are different languages?

You might find a scripting forum more appropriate.

A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming is not worth knowing...
    A. Perlis
    Please use &#91;CODE]...your code here...&#91;/CODE] tags when posting code. If you get an error, please post the full error message and stack trace, if present.