CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: LSP Question

Unhappy LSP Question

hello,

i am trying to develop a LSP where i could restrict access to certain website. using the IFLSP sample provided by Microsoft. i am able to see the URL in WSPSend Request.if this URL has to be blocked then i do not call the next provider function. i just return success with Numberofbytes sent equal to the bytes in the LPBuffters. soon after it browser calls the WSPRecv. and with the Socket context, i am able to see that this URL was blocked. now i want to send my customblocked HTML to the WSPRecv Call.

there are three problem i have :
    1. why dont i see actually data in WSPRecv

2. if my custom HTML size along with header is greater then the buffter size provided in the WSPRecv. how do i partially copy it. one way i can think of is that just coply the requred amount of data and return success and in the next WSPRecv, return the remaining HTML? am i right here?

3. on some discussion groups, i found that if you want to change the data in WSPSend or WSPRecv then you should use Non-IF-LSP is that right? or i could do it with IFLSP as well?

thanks in advace
    Deep

Re: LSP Question

hello just an update.

the question #1 is solved. i can not see it because it is encoded. when browser issues GET request it could define in the HTTP header as to what kind of encoding it supports. it my case it was gzip hence the data was compressed.

regards
    Deep