June 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
Senior C++ Developer; Open Source experience; Full time; NYC
Role: Open Source Team is looking for an exceptional C/C++ software developer experienced in the design and development of complex Open Source systems. This is a unique opportunity to influence Open Source products. This position will be a senior technical conduit to help assess and prepare both internal fundamental infrastructure and business logic libraries for public consumption. This is a position for the serious software developer who thrives on being in the trenches, responsible for designing and maintaining a collaborative environment between our R&D Software Infrastructure group and external Open Source contributors and consumers. Candidates may have the opportunity to participate in Open Source standardization processes.
The ideal candidate must possess extensive experience in design and development of Open Source C/C++ Projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on highly optimized, scalable and distributed software that facilitates normalization, and delivery of data. You must be a team player with proven success on achieving aggressive deadlines. Demonstration of strong passion, excellent communication skills, and creative problem solving is a must.
• - Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Related Field (or equivalent expertise)
- 5+ years of C/C++ development experience
- Strong understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object-Oriented design
- Working knowledge of Open Source packaging systems, e.g., deb, RPM, tarball
- Working knowledge with High-Performance Unix and/or Windows Programming
- Working knowledge of Multi-threading and Network programming is a strong plus
- Understanding of various Open Source licenses, e.g., GPL versus MIT or Apache
- Understanding of JAVA, .NET, Python, and/or Matlab is a plus
- Understanding of XML/XSD and other schema driven data is a plus
- Financial and/or Market Data experience is a plus
Full time; NYC; please send your resume to Katherine Batarin at email@example.com; or call me on +1-212-947-0705 and speak in strictest confidence for further information.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a Codeguru.com survey!