CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] ASP.NET Security question

I have a master page where I have a login button in the header. That button opens up a modal panel, using an ajax control, modal popup extender. I put my login control in that modal popup. When I try to open a secured page as an anonymous user I get an error:

Code:
    The resource cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

Requested URL: /login.aspx
    How can I set it up where instead of going to the error page it fires the modal popup window instead.

Warning! I am fairly new to ASP.NET and Web development / programming in general. I am fairly proficient in C#. So I won't be offended if you explain it to me in "infant" terms.

Thank you in advance!

Re: ASP.NET Security question

I almost forgot. Would I tie in a login status control the same way?

Well I also added an additional modal popup extender and set the target control ID equal to the login status control ID. when in logout view the login link will open the modal popup to login, but when logged in clicking on the logout link opens the modal popup to login, it won't log you out. What is the best way, do I add the second modal popup extender and find a way to get the logout control to work, or is the a way to make the first modal popup extender fire from the login status control and to logout when clicked?

I figured out a much easier solution to my problem. So I am marking this one resolved.