CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unsigned PnP Driver Install?

I'm trying to write an application using WDK to install an unsigned driver for a USB device, so that the user can plug in the device and not have to manually click through the Found New Hardware Wizard. I've tried calling SetupCopyOEMInf(), DriverPackageInstall(), and DriverPackagePreinstall(), and no dice. The drivers install, but I still have to go through the Found New Hardware Wizard when I plug in the hardware.

Is it possible to fix this, and if so, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Lightbulb Re: Unsigned PnP Driver Install?

saw ur question when i was searching for an API to do the Driver install from Windows Update.

I think the DDK function "UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices" will help you. I'm not sure but please give a try.

more info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

-Ajai

Re: Unsigned PnP Driver Install?

No it is not possible to install drivers with out pop up... when ever INF or SYS file changed.. its need to go WHQL certification.. then only it can be installed without pop up

Re: Unsigned PnP Driver Install?

I am also facing a same problem, so i did changes in .inf file. However while installing Driver, i get Popup Window on one PC & no popup on the other, but two PCs with same OS(Win XP Prof Ver 5.1 Build 2006 SP3)?

Plz someone could inform me. It's urgent.

Thanks in advance.