CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

adding yacc and bison

Hi ,

Could you please suggest me at least something on this problem. I have been battling with this issue from some last days.

I am going to port the C project that was for unix into windows. So far, I could make it compile but not build . The problem I am getting is , some of the functions which are declared in the header files are defined in the yacc files.so I am getting the following errors:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol Function1()

I am adding .y and .l files in the source directory of the project.I think I could not port yacc files into windows version or am I doing something stupid.I searched in the web but could not get proper tutorial for it.Could you please let me know

1. How could I add .y or .l files in the project.
    2. How would I make those file compatible to the windows?
    3. How can I link them with other object files.

I tried with changing the the .l files into the .yy.c files using the flex.exe.Following is the command for it

c:\> flex.exe name.l

Supposing that both the flex.exe and name.l are in C;>.And I loaded those all those files .l .y(previously present for parsing in unix system) .yy.c(corrsonding yacc file for windows) in the solution of previously exisiting project. Once I compile,I get the following

Can't read the header file parserheaderfile.h

This is the header file which needs to be generated by the bison in the unix system. So I think I am not able to make the bison compatible for windows .So please him me how can I solve this problem

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by __bairagi; July 7th, 2011 at 06:24 PM.