CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Creating UI

Creating UI

Hi everyone,

I wrote a small bit of code that takes in a .txt file and outputs another .txt file. I want to make it so that I can use the program on any of my computers, to do this would I need to make it into a .exe file? I have never done something like this before and I was hoping for help.

Would making UI for it and converting it into a .exe be easy? Can anyone help me with this?

Re: Creating UI

what you are looking for is cross platform GUI toolkit , in C++ you can look at , either wxwidgets or if you want mature UI there is Nokia QT or you can also do this Java

I never touched on this before, so I'm open to ideas.

If I use wxwidgets, I can create the UI and program on a linux machine and still run it on windows?

If you (a) don't use any Linux specific functions, and (b) re-compile the source code on Windows. Then, yes, you can.

Viggy

The way wxwidets or QT is developed , you would find there is little need to ever call native API ,
    if you were to call either C++ STL or Boost or Standard C libraary you would find they all cross platform implementation.

Alrighty, thanks for all the help