I'm building a Crystal Report that needs to show an image. So I'm setting it up as to load from a dataset.

I've defined a field as Byte[] in my dataset and just for good measure, I've created string field too just to make sure my data is getting to the report.

I've created a dataset in C# and exported the XML. I've then designed the report based on that sample XML.

In code, i use that datset and populate it with a byte array from an image and then a string value for my string field. The string field comes across but for the life of me, i cannot get the image to display. Originally, I've tried TIFF, GIF and JPEG image and nothing displays. If i point to the path of the image, then that displays just fine. The problem for me with using the path is we are shoing check images and they front and back are saved in their own page in the TIF file and I have to display them seperatly. I would prefer NOT to re-write those images to a temporary storage just for the purposes of showing on the report.