hello,

I recently have inherited a rather large converted code base ( vb6 -> vb.net ) and am trying to come to grips with the use of 'modules'.

First, my application is a windows forms application, with this said, are there 'best practices' that I could use as a reference?

The real concern that I have is I have run into a massive 'utility' like module that holds a great deal of things ( user credentials, random methods, connection strings, ect ), making all of it available throughout the application. Is this normal in windows forms? The majority of my experience is in web applications and do not recall experiencing something like this before...

I am kind of lost as to make this heap of code more manageable so it can be digested and used properly. I am not opposed to the module itself, but I personally am leaning toward breaking some of this functionality into classes ( User class, DataAccess class, ect ) BUT, I want to give what VB.net has to offer a fair shake before doing so. At the least, I could break the module into a few modules with a more specific direction but I don't see the benefit of not breaking them into classes ( I have read .net creates a class from the module... ).

I am looking for some solid advice!
Thanks