CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: button1_click help?

Nothing will calculate. Does that mean nothing is connected? I have no idea how to connect them. I thought my first question in the thread would solve that problem.

Your button may not have the Calculate_Click event assigned to it so having the code wont do anything if its nothing is assigned to use it.

Coming from another beginner the way I sometimes debug things is make the button do something I know it will do. For example make the button change a label to "Works!" that way I know the button works. If it changes then I move on to something like checking if the arrays got values assigned to them. It is not the best strategy but it works for me and I can pinpoint the issues with the small projects I have done so far.

From the looks of it your calculate button should be working with the code Arjay provided. If you copied and pasted the whole code section you may want to make sure your button knows when and what to use. You can assign Events by clicking the button and in the properties window click on the lightning bolt.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Courtneyyw View Post
    Nothing will calculate. Does that mean nothing is connected? I have no idea how to connect them. I thought my first question in the thread would solve that problem.
    Did you try debugging as I've suggested? Were you able to set break points? Were the break points hit when you started debugging?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12