CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Visual C++ versus QT

I've been programming in visual C++ for years. I use MFC and ATL to create analysis and data management tools for my business. I use OpenGL and STL heavily in my code. I recently downloaded and started evaluating QT and it looks really impressive and appears to have everything I need. However, the web lacks up to date tutorials and resources for learning.

What are some of the benefits and limitations of QT over Visual C++. Is it a good platform to develop GUI for C++ applications? Are there other/better alternatives?

Also, to the Moderators, why doesn't CodeGuru.com forum have a separate forum for QT and other development platforms? I appears the C++ (Non-Visual C++) Forum is for pure C++ questions which I respect and like. But it seems a Forum dedicated to other Development platforms is needed.

Any input is appreciated and if this post is in the wrong forum, I apologize.

Re: Visual C++ versus QT

What are some of the benefits and limitations of QT over Visual C++.
    Benefits : cross-platform. Limitations : certain hardware support.

I write in both, and I prefer QT over VS. It's more clean and better structured and the QtCreator is quite a good editor (VS seems bloated compared to QtCreator).