CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Exclamation magnify icons in a frame on mouse move over

hi,

I m developing a widget using java.I want to do a button icon magnification on mouse move over using java. ie., i want to implement something similar to the application OBJECT DOCK(stardock). In tat application when the mouse moves over an icon , the icon magnifies and the frame expands according to the magnified size. how do i implement this using java.

Any help with a code implemented in java or any website tat has information on implemeting this feature in java with regard to the query is welcomed.

Thankx in advance.

Re: magnify icons in a frame on mouse move over

I don't know what OBJECT DOCK(stardock) does so can't help you reproduce it but the first thing you need to do is use a MouseListener to find out when the mouse has entered or exited the component. Then, on entry, you can draw your icon at a larger size and on exit draw the icon at the normal size.
    Posting code? Use code tags like this: [code]...Your code here...[/code]
    Click here for examples of Java Code

Re: magnify icons in a frame on mouse move over

Thankx for ur response..

Ya i did a mouse listener.. i m using a button which contains the image icon. so on magnifying the background image is differing.. and also the frame size differs.. my frame has a image panel. so wen the image expands , the height of the frame is altered. so the last image is cut because of the increase of image. i m not able to add another image panel on mouse move over..