Printing crystal Reports through telnet server
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Printing crystal Reports through telnet server

Post Printing crystal Reports through telnet server

Hello friends,

I'm struggling with Crystal Reports.

On the server we have a scanner application, developed in .Net

When I run this program itself, there's no problem. The scanner application is able to send a report to a printer which I've locally installed. This works quite good.

However, this scanner application in reality will be called by a telnet server. We use Seattle Lab Telnet.

When I want to use exactly the same application through this server. In the configuration panel of the telnet server I can see that using the dos prompt and connecting through 'telnet localhost' I can see that it's connecting. Also that the scanner application is called from the telnet server.

But, what's not working is the printing itself.

I already went through some stuff and it looks like a problem with the local system account not finding the printer. The error code I get is 'no printer specified'

If I change the service of the telnet server to use the administrator account, I cannot log on with a telnet session.

Please advice,

Best regards,

Tom

Question Re: Printing crystal Reports through telnet server

Maybe some more information to add :

I just logged in as the user where I am supposed to log in to the telnet session, in order to print a report with crystal reports through the telnet server.

When I do this, I see following things :

1) My printers are defined. Also the default printer is correctly defined.
    2) When I start the scanner application locally, and want to print out a report, this is working
    3) When I open a telnet session, everything is working up to the point where it is supposed to start printing. At that point I get the error message : "Invalid printer specified"

I think it has something to do with the local system account, I can't get the telnet server to work using other credentials than that of the local system account.

Advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Re: Printing crystal Reports through telnet server

IMO, Crystal Reports is looking for a specific printer name
    Maybe it's the printer used in the development phase

1 Try designing the reports using 'No Printer'
    2 Try designing the reports using a local printer (where you enter with the telnet server) or change the printer's name

This is because using a telnet server, all about some kind of gui is cancelled
    Last edited by jggtz; August 11th, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...