CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

C# could u please answer the below

hi

1.could u please explain me what is the diff between early binding & late binding?
    (appreciate if u could provide an example for each)

2.what is synchronous and asynchronous?

thanks

Re: C# could u please answer the below

appreciate if i got response asap.

thanks

Both can be answered at www.google.com . Is there something in particular you didn't understand when you looked these terms up
    www.monotorrent.com For all your .NET bittorrent needs

NOTE: My code snippets are just snippets. They demonstrate an idea which can be adapted by you to solve your problem. They are not 100% complete and fully functional solutions equipped with error handling.

early Binding is when you manually add a reference to an object through the Project, references menu.

late Binding is when you use CreateObject to instantiate objects.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Synchronous is like when you post a question to a forum and can't do anything until you get back a answer. In other words, you're blocked.

Asynchronous is like when you post a question to a forum, and continue doing other things. In other words, you are not blocked.

That being said, Mutant_Fruit really gave the best answer - that is, use Google.

For the sync/async question, simply type "synchronous vs asynchronous" into bing or google and see what you get back. Read through several of the responses and you should see a pattern to the answers enough to understand their differences.

Btw, if you are trying to learn about programming, Bing or Google should always be your first stop before posting to a forum such as this.

"Btw, if you are trying to learn about programming, Bing or Google should always be your first stop before posting to a forum such as this."
    Yeah. Google is our best friend. MSDN, too.
    Google-skills are really important - we can help about specifics,
    but mastering Google-fu is essential.

So, in programming, synchronous basically means "not in parallel", "not at the same time"... One thing starts, and everything else waits until it's done. Then the next one, others wait, and so on.
    Conversely, asynchronous means that you do two or more things effectively at the same time - which involves multithreading.

A bit counter-intuitive perhaps, since normally, synchronous means exactly the opposite, and asynchronous means... well, out of sync...
    However, in multithreading, asynchronous is often quite the right word, as sometimes (... or often enough...) there are data dependencies between the threads, and if not dealt with properly, these can cause some severe headaches. Two threads, working asynchronously ("not in sync") on the same data, can corrupt the data, because each of these threads interferes with the other. So they need to be synchronized (Imagine them talking: "OK, now I'm doing my thing, you wait" - "Aaand, I'm done, your turn, I'll wait...") - which effectively stops them from doing things at the same time, until it's safe to do so again.
    Last edited by TheGreatCthulhu; August 19th, 2011 at 08:15 PM.