CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Cannot open database "DatabaseName" requested by the login. The login failed.

Greetings,

I have a local environment on my Windows 7/SQL Express 2008/IIS 7 laptop. I am working on getting some asp code with vb script to work.

I am working on a project from work and need to setup a test/development area.

Here is the error and part of the code:

Error:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

Cannot open database "DBName" requested by the login. The login failed.

/servermgmt/framelist.asp, line 51

Code:
    <%@ Language=VBScript %>
    <%
    Dim sConnection, objConn , objRS

sConnection = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=DBName;Data Source=LAPTOP1\SQLEXPRESS;"

Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")  "****** Line 51 ******"

objConn.Open(sConnection)
    Set objRS = objConn.Execute("SELECT SERVER_NAME, Primary_IP, STATUS,  FROM server WHERE STATUS <> 'Decommissioned' ORDER BY SERVER_NAME")

additional code....
    %>
    Let me know if more information is needed.

The page name is serverlist.asp.

Re: Cannot open database "DatabaseName" requested by the login. The login failed.

[ moved thread ]
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Re: Cannot open database "DatabaseName" requested by the login. The login failed.

OK, after an exhausting research on the web I found a quick resolution. This may not be the right solution but it worked for me.

Under Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio > Security > Logins > Builtin\Users...right click and go to Properties > User Mapping > select DB and select under Database role membership for: DB db_owner.

As soon as I did this, I was able to run my asp page.

Hope this helps.