CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Control colours different on different computers

I imagine there's an easy fix for this but I'm not sure what it would be. On my dev machine (win 7 64 bit) my form background is gray, and controls like text boxes, combo boxes, list views, etc, are white - ie, colours are normal. On another windows 7 machine (32 bit), everything is gray, including the text boxes - they look like they're not enabled, but they still work. On a Windows XP Pro machine everything is white, including the background. Both have .NET 3.5. I tried changing the background to a different colour and it doesn't change anything.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,
    --Rikki

Re: Control colours different on different computers

Unless you are already explicitly setting the colors, don't. These are changed by setting up your individual preferences, in the Display control panel applet.

Viggy

I'm not explicitly setting colours, I just tried it to see if it made a difference. You're saying that the background colours are changed OS-wide from the control panel? I'm not seeing a way to do that on my dev machine, and I'd be very surprised if the defaults have been changed on either of the other machines I've been testing on.

Go into the control panel. Double click on the "Display" applet; select "Appearance" tab; change your window/dialog box colors.

Ahh, I see you mentioned Win 7. I'm not running Win 7 at work, so I don't exactly know where these settings are (if they changed location). The above path is for WinXP (and prior).

Viggy