CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Developing a 'question-answer' program

Hello i'm new to this forum so sorry if i seem uneducated :L (:

I am looking for some help in developing a program to help with my study in school. I would like to develop a program whereby the user is asked to input the correct answer to a question; if the answer is correct the next question comes up; if it is incorrect the user must try again until the correct answer is given. I would like to have quite a few questions (around 50).

I would just like some ideas about how you guys would go about doing it and any tips you would be able to give me. Like i said I am fairly new to programming but i think this should be fairly easy to develop?

Thanks in advanced.

Re: Developing a 'question-answer' program

Pls let us know which programming language which are comfortable?
    Also try writing the program and tell us about any problem, if you have..

Its not adviceable to ask for the full code....

Whilst only a beginner myself, I will say the problem main problem that needs to be overcome for that type of program (in any language) is that the user could input an answer to the question which is similar but not exact, which is something you will need to consider when working on it

Thanks for the answers guys (: i should have been a little more specific in my question, sorry. I am comfortable in Visual Basic, i would only like some pointers and the best way about doing it, i certainly don't want someone to write the code for me! :L I think maybe the easiest way would be an array (one to hold the questions and one for the answers) and yes i have thought about the problem with that also so i thought maybe having the answers as multiple choice (selecting from a number of options) could also be an option.