CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

cmd menu arrow navigated.

Hi all,

this is something i haven't done yet. I have a little program running where the user can choose with numbers which program to run.

Now i really want this to make more nicer with the controls of the arrow keys.

Can somebody help me in the right direction. (where to find good documentation about this) There are many many small (incomplete) tut's out there, but nothing with good information, as far as i searchded

Re: cmd menu arrow navigated.

Now i really want this to make more nicer with the controls of the arrow keys.

Can somebody help me in the right direction.
    The highlighted doesn't sound like a well formed requirement (which typically indicates being not prepared to start work). Therefore, you hardly ever get the "good information" you're looking for. You need real help, you ask specific questions. Start with explaining your user's workflow and splitting it to elementary steps.
    Best regards,
    Igor

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Vartanov View Post
    The highlighted doesn't sound like a well formed requirement (which typically indicates being not prepared to start work). Therefore, you hardly ever get the "good information" you're looking for. You need real help, you ask specific questions. Start with explaining your user's workflow and splitting it to elementary steps.

it isn't a requirement, but it would be nice if i could have it work that way Just a little thing i want myself

Yeah, I clearly can tell that. But anyway, you need to make some points you will follow in design and implementation. That's what I call 'requirements'

You know, it's always better to think in the terms of "requirement" - "design" - "implementation" - "review" to move forward. You make a requirement, design how you do that (in GUI, in modules, in code), implement it and see if what you get ultimately makes you happy. If it doesn't, you make another requirement how to improve the current, and start new iteration. This is how you finally get what you want: on every step you have a specific requirement you're after in your implementation, and after every step you find another bit of function which has to be improved.
    Best regards,
    Igor

If this is a program working in a DOS box (also called "command line", "console window"), then see the answers previously given at http://www.codeguru.com/forum/archiv.../t-363635.html

Quote Originally Posted by olivthill2 View Post
    If this is a program working in a DOS box (also called "command line", "console window"), then see the answers previously given at http://www.codeguru.com/forum/archiv.../t-363635.html
    Ok, so i can say something like:

if (key) is pressed, do....