CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Creating MHTML

Creating MHTML

I have written an application that creates an mhtml file based on information in cache. The MHTML file can be opened in Opera but not Internet explorer. I have attatched an example of an MHTML file(saved as .txt) i have created. Does anybody know what im missing? Why wont it open in IE?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Creating MHTML

Okay what version of IE are you trying to open it in...

IE is noted for incompatibility to some Standards in many of the different versions...
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    I have written an application that creates an mhtml file based on information in cache. The MHTML file can be opened in Opera but not Internet explorer. I have attatched an example of an MHTML file(saved as .txt) i have created. Does anybody know what im missing? Why wont it open in IE?
    When you say it does not open in IE, does it it mean IE refuses to open it ( which I doubt ), or does IE throw any erros?

I am using Internet explorer 9. When i lauch the MHTML file it displays the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage error and under more information states:

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
    •Internet connectivity has been lost.
    •The website is temporarily unavailable.
    •The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
    •The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
    •There might be a typing error in the address.
    •If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
    To view subscribed feeds:
    1.Click the Favorites button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages):
    1.Press Alt, click File, and then click Work Offline.
    2.Click the Favorites button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.