CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

bluetooth event trace for inrange and out range of the registered device in windows7.

Hi All,

I want to trap inRange and outRange event of the bluetooth device i.e. paired with my windows7 machine.

Thanks in advance.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: bluetooth event trace for inrange and out range of the registered device in windo

1. What are "inRange and outRange event of the bluetooth device"?
    2. Did you look at any bluetooth library available on your windows7 machine?
    Victor Nijegorodov

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: bluetooth event trace for inrange and out range of the registered device in windo

Quote Originally Posted by mdheerajgupta View Post
    Hi All,

I want to trap inRange and outRange event of the bluetooth device i.e. paired with my windows7 machine.

Thanks in advance.
    That's nice. Looks like a good day for it. Did you have a Visual C++ question?

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    1. What are "inRange and outRange event of the bluetooth device"?
    2. Did you look at any bluetooth library available on your windows7 machine?
    Hi VictorN,
    thanks for your interest.

inRange means that windows7 machine equiped with bluetooth can search the device and outRange means that machine cant search the device.

I am using the various bluetooth api's of windows7.
    like BluetoothAPIs.h, bthdef.h,winsock2,Ws2bth etc.

i am able to trap the event when any new device is getting ad to my machine or removed from machine.

but not able to trap the situation once the authenticated device is getting out side the range of my machine. or comes inrange of my windows machines bluetooth.

If you are "using the various bluetooth api's of windows7" you must have a documentation about these APIs. Don't you?

And sorry, I cannot help you more because I have neither bluetooth api's nor any documentation about them.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    If you are "using the various bluetooth api's of windows7" you must have a documentation about these APIs. Don't you?

And sorry, I cannot help you more because I have neither bluetooth api's nor any documentation about them.
    hey Victor,

these apis are available while u install the windows7 OS by default.

i have already performed the bluetooth communication with black berry.
    but i am not able to get the inRange or outrange event when i m taking my device apart from my machine (i.e. outRange) or bringing near by (i.e. inRange) event else i am able to get the connect and disconnect event.

for inrange and outRange now i am performing the timely check for avaibility of the device by communicate with it.

to get rid out of it i want to get these events.

Quote Originally Posted by mdheerajgupta View Post
    hey Victor,

these apis are available while u install the windows7 OS by default.
    Unfortunately I don't have any Bluetooth port/adapter/dongle on my virtual Windows 7 machine. So I cannot test those APIs.
    Victor Nijegorodov