CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

VS 2005 - Unable to debug on local IDE, but works fine on development server

Hi everyone,

I have a project that we perform our development for on a virtual Windows 2003 server. Recently as due to configuration requirements we had to look into creating a local instance on our own machines from which to debug. While it works fine on the Windows 2003 server it is not working on my Windows 7 64bit laptop.

The application is a .NET 2 framework originally coded in .NET 1.0 and later updated. The framework is also a customized framework. I have pulled the exact same code down to my laptop as that which exists on the server. As near as I can tell the development environment is configured the same on machine as it is on the Dev site. I realize that IIS 6.5 and IIS 7.5 are quite different not to mention Windows 2003 to Windows 7 64bit. But I would think we should still be able to get this going.

Here is what I am getting upon the launching of the debugger:

Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'ContractAdmin.Web.ContractAdminMaint.Scripts.Main'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Register TagPrefix="wcsde" Namespace="EDS.SDE.Frameworks.Web.Controls" Assembly="SDE.Frameworks.Web.Controls, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2dd75be07b1e60d9" %>
    Line 2:
    Line 3: <%@ Page Language="c#" Codebehind="Main.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="ContractAdmin.Web.ContractAdminMaint.Scripts.Main"
    Line 4: SmartNavigation="False" %>
    Line 5:

Source File: /ContractAdminMaint/Scripts/Main.aspx Line: 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4961; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4955

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Re: VS 2005 - Unable to debug on local IDE, but works fine on development server

It is not a debugger issue, but a compiler issue. I gues, that because your local machine is 64-bit, the compiler is looking for the referenced assemblies in wrong location. Try to force compilation as 32 bit.
    • Make it run.
    • Make it right.
    • Make it fast.

Don't hesitate to rate my post.

Re: VS 2005 - Unable to debug on local IDE, but works fine on development server

Thanks for the reply. It was a good thought, however upon changing the platform in the project and configuration manager I cleaned the solution and rebuilt it. No luck.

Don't suppose you may have another thought?

Thanks again