I'll try to make this as succinct as possible.

The background: I have a MSVC 10 solution with a client project and server project. The client process runs on one (local) host and the server process runs on several remote hosts. I can access the remote hosts only via Windows Remote Desktop. All the hosts in this system are Windows Server 2003.

The problem: The client/server solution works fine except that once in a great while, a server process causes the remote host on which it is running to crash. I can't access a crashed host when this happens because Remote Desktop is unresponsive. Despite putting a ludicrous amount of error handling and debugging statements in the server code, I can't identify any specific problems with the server process up to or during the crash. All I know is that it will suddenly and unpredictably cause the host to completely freeze up. There are no hardware or software errors related to the crash reported in the Windows Event Viewer after I restart the host. It happens randomly on different hosts and none of these have hard drive, networking, or RAM errors as far as tests show.

The question: What can I do in this situation? This is the worst bug I've ever encountered because I'm completely in the dark as to what's happening during these crashes and there doesn't seem to be any way to get more information about what's going on. Does anyone have any ideas for what I can do? Thanks very much for any help~