I'm having a bug in my code that's kicking my ***, so after much attempted debugging I finally decided to see if anyone else knew what my issue was.

I'm trying to add a grid object to a dialog that I have, but I keep hitting the assert in the title and I don't know why.

Code:
LONG myDialog::OnInitDialog(UINT wParam, LONG lParam)
{
    BOOL bRet = super::OnInitDialog();

InitGridControl();
    InitLayout();

myApp.ActiveDocChangeEvent->Attach(
    RefMemberDelegate1(*this, &myDialog::OnNewDoc), this); //attach to event so I know when document is created

return bRet;
}

void myDialog::OnNewDoc(CDerivedDocument* pNewDoc)
{
    pNewDoc->SetMyDialog(this); // when new document is created, set pointer to dialog
}

void myDialog::InitGridControl()
{
    CRect rect;
    // Get the grid area rectangle and set it up.
    GetDlgItem(IDC_GRID)->GetClientRect(rect);
    GetDlgItem(IDC_GRID)->MapWindowPoints(this, &rect); //replacing dummy image with the grid

m_Grid = new myGridCtrl;
    bool result = m_Grid->Create(WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, rect, this, IDC_GRID);

// Set the appropriate options 
    //...options...

m_Grid->InsertColumn(0, _T("Name"), 100); //doesn't seem to crash here, which means grid is creted okay?

}

void myDialog::PopulateGridControl(BOOL bRedraw, CDerivedDocument * pDoc)
{

if(GetSafeHwnd() == NULL)
        return;

//get handles to document and stuff

m_Grid->SetRedraw(FALSE); // ASSERTS HERE
    m_Grid->RemoveAll();

//other stuff
}

/////////////////////

//In CDocument once it is created...

CDerivedDocument::SetMyDoc(myDialog * pDlg)
{
    pDlg->PopulateGridControl(true,this);
}
Any idea what's going on? I mean, I only create the dialog once everything has been initalized, so there shouldn't be a problem there. m_Grid.Create() returns true, so creation is successful. Why is SetRedraw() hitting the assert that the m_hWnd isn't a handle to a window? Where does m_hWnd get set anyway?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers