CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

$(SolutionDir) and /Out:

I have messed up things a long time ago and want to fix it.
    Here is the problem
    I have got a project which Output Folder is set to $(SolutionDir)$(ConfigurationName).exe
    The SolutionDir is no doubt to be the current directory. But my silliness just drove me myself crazy now because the project can't be compiled because it can't find the .rsp file. I tried to clean it then recompile it to no avail.
    Where can I set the /Out: parameter except for hardcoding it. Because I might have to move it elsewhere later on.
    Thanks
    Jack

Re: $(SolutionDir) and /Out:

Quote Originally Posted by lucky6969b View Post
    Here is the problem
    I have got a project which Output Folder is set to $(SolutionDir)$(ConfigurationName).exe
    It's $(SolutionDir)$(Configuration)\, not .exe.
    Best regards,
    Igor

Re: $(SolutionDir) and /Out:

Error 1 Command line error D8022 : cannot open 'w:\S‫imulation Pool\1\Simplus5\FixIK2\Ik\Ik\Debug\RSP00000823563516.rsp' cl

I am entangled with this. The silly path is not the major concern here. I will change it later.
    What is wrong with the project? The project is actually located at W:\Simulation Pool\1\Simplus5\FixIK
    But it is pointing to w:\Simulation Pool\1\Simplus5\FixIK2

Now I've got this
    Error 1 Command line error D8022 : cannot open 'w:\S‫imulation\1\Simplus5\fixIK\Simplus6\Debug\RSP00000639041572.rsp' cl

One thing quite interesting is I found out about there is something wrong with VMWare player bridged networking

Thanks
    Jack
    Last edited by lucky6969b; January 17th, 2013 at 03:22 AM.