CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Which programming language to start with?

Hi there!

I want to learn how to create advanced macros or automations (using iMacro and the such). I have learned how to used the basic features available in the programs, however to do more advanced tasks you have to write scripts in a programming language. Being a complete n00b, I was wondering which language would be best to start with (and can fulfill the criteria)?

To give you an idea, I want to create a macro where a number is pulled from a website (the number is constantly changing) and if the number is greater then a set value, the macro will then initiate a recorded action.

Thanks!

Re: Which programming language to start with?

Hi, I live in Illionois, Indianapolis. I started with C but later I quitted because I sounded sexier than I looked. I picked C++ because it offered more open chances for future promotion (lots of benefits), I have had a couple of books published to teach people code in 24 hours , nice items to work on. My favorite entertaining game is word puzzles on yahoo! I am hooked with them because my mom once said it was a good source to dig into for a living.
    Sig-na-tju-(r)

Re: Which programming language to start with?

amin196, tell me among C, C++, VB, Java which one will hit you on ?
    hi,,,